Monday, December 19, 2011

Cheat Treats: Heartwarmer Chilli Choc Brownies

Even though I trained and certified as a cook when I was 19 yrs old (please don't ask how many years ago that was) and can cook "from scratch", I still love my shortcuts or my "cheat treats". This one had everyone asking for the recipe. Even my chiropractor who got to sample the brownies asked for the recipe so I ducked into the shops quickly to purchase a couple of packet mixes and a bottle of chilli powder and returned with the "recipe" and a few laughs.

Just add 3/4 teaspoon of chilli powder to a Triple Choc Brownie mix by Betty Crocker (c) for the most amazing ♥ Heartwarmer Chilli Choc Brownies ♥

My other favourite "cheat treats" include adding finely chopped zest of a lemon, lime or orange and adding them to a basic vanilla or butter cake mix. I rarely ever do a chocolate cake without adding my favourite flavour of orange zest and turning it into a jaffa cake.

~ Hope these few cheats have given you some food for thought ~

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chili Brownies?? I think I'm in love!!! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it took almost a year to find this recipe! I am going to say it will be worth the wait - chocolate and chilli is my kind of combination :) Thanks for sharing, Kim.

    ReplyDelete